Request for Proposals for the ILATSA 2020 Conference
Submit your Proposal Here
Illinois ATSA is soliciting proposals for presentation at the Illinois’s Sex Offender Treatment specific continuing education conference to be held Wednesday, March 18 and Thursday, March 19, 2020 at Waubonsee Community College in Sugar Grove, Illinois. Presenting at the conference is a great opportunity to educate your peers on your area of expertise and build your resume!
Approved presenters will receive their registration free.
EARLY CONSIDERATION will be given to proposals received by NOVEMBER 15, 2019.
All proposals must be submitted prior to December 1, 2019.
CONFERENCE AUDIENCE: The audience for the conference includes probation officers, counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists, psychologists, addictions therapists, career development facilitators, other mental health professionals, and graduate students. They work in courts, mental health, colleges, private practice, schools, correction centers, agencies, military and government. CEUs are provided for SOTP, SOTE and LCSW licenses, and verification can be provided for other professions to apply to their boards directly.
CONFERENCE TOPIC AREAS: We encourage submissions that highlight the conference theme, “Creating Communities” as well as …
• Treatment and research in regarding to the management of sexual abusers;
• Innovative counseling programs, research projects, and activities that address and/or have been successfully implemented in a variety of settings;
• Collaborative, creative, and effective strategies/best practices for meeting the needs of clients in a variety of settings;
• Effective techniques used to address societal concerns and current issues, including economically disadvantaged populations, and specific populations;
• Programs with a special tie to our state or region;
• Specific skills, techniques and activities which can be applied immediately after the conference.
All approved presenters must upload a copy of their Curriculum Vitae/Resume with their request for proposal.
If you have questions, please contact Illinois ATSA.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
A/V EQUIPMENT / INTERNET CONNECTIONS: Presentation meeting rooms will be equipped with computers, screen, head table, LCD/Data projector and electric for equipment. Please bring your own flipcharts and other special AV. Internet connections will be available to presenters.
ROOM SETUP: Rooms will be setup in classroom style. The tables in the classroom have wheels; presenters may move the tables and chairs to better suit their presentation.
HANDOUTS: If you want to provide handouts, please bring a minimum of 40 handouts. Presenters are required to bring their own handouts. Handouts may be posted on the ILATSA websites after the conference with the presenter’s permission.
SLIDES: Please send your slides to ILATSA before March 1, 2020, so that they can be posted on the website before sessions.
Please send any questions to email@example.com
Thank you for your contribution. We look forward to receiving your proposal!